You love camping, but your bad back won’t let you. It is time to tell your bad back who’s the boss — you! Give yourself the gift of a camping chair made specially for people with a bad back. The camping chair will support your back and allow you to camp outdoors comfortably instead of writhing with pain.
Your search for the best camping chair for bad back is over because we did it on your behalf. After looking at the following factors — padded support, material, armrest and footrest, and lightweight — we have compiled a list of the top-rated camping chairs for bad back.
- Padded support offers lumbar support and allows you to sit for a long duration without affecting your spine.
- Nylon is water-resistant, sturdy, and requires minimal maintenance. Camping chairs with aluminum legs provide increased stability.
- Armrest and footrest make you feel relaxed while sitting. These two features on a camping chair are a great addition for seniors who require more comfort.
- Lightweight camping chairs allow you to carry it with you from the car to the campsite with ease. With a bad back, carrying a heavy camping chair just doesn’t make sense because carrying it to the campsite will trigger your back pain.
Now, let’s enter the world of camping chairs to find the best camping chair for people with back pain.
1. Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair
The Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair is a padded camping chair with a weight capacity of up to 350 pounds. The chair has a durable steel frame, a durable polyester fabric, and a bungee suspension system. It offers ergonomic support. This chair is neither too heavy nor too light, but just right.
Don’t leave this chair outside when you’re not using it because outdoor elements can damage its wooden armrests. You can adjust the camping chair and lock it using the levels at your desired angle. Sit upright in it or lay down in it.
Its flexible bungee suspension system offers a comfortable zero-gravity feel. The chair has a complete padded seating and a removable padded pillow, which you can use to provide you with neck support. The chair even features a cup holder. You receive a one-year warranty and can choose from several colors— blue, camouflage, earth, and navy blue.
- Holds up to 350 pounds
- Adjustable recline
- Ergonomic design
- Fully padded seating
- Cup holder
- Four different options
- Adjustable and removable pillow
- Can’t leave it outdoors for a long time when not using it because the armrests and frame can become damaged.
2. MarchwayHigh Back Camping Chair
The MarchwayHigh Back Camping Chair weighs 37 pounds and is portable. You can fold it down and put it in your carrying bag. You can even attach it to your backpack or carry-on. The chair has a backrest for back support and sponge pillow for head support.
Its seat is made from durable ripstop polyester with wide corners at the back with reinforced fabric. The height of the seat keeps your knees at normal distance from the ground, which allows you to get up from the chair easily after sitting on it for several hours. You’ll not experience any discomfort or knee pain when you get up from the chair.
The reclining angle of the chair keeps your back completely relaxed and gives excellent head support. The chair is made from thickened aviation grade, lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and durable aluminum alloy poles. Its shock-cord structure allows you to set it up and put it away easily and quickly. The Velcro straps on the camping chair provide increased stability and added support.
- Lightweight and collapsible
- Frame is made from thickened aviation-grade aluminum alloy
- Great for traveling
- Velcro straps for added support
- Fabric stretches overtime
- Difficult to put together at first
3. Strongback Elite Folding Camping Chair
The Strongback Elite Folding Camping Chair features an award-winning and patented frame. The frame provides excellent lumbar support and promotes proper spine alignments to alleviate tension and relax your muscles. This camping chair was specially designed to prevent slouching. Slouching places pressure along your spine.
Its ergonomic design offers hip support for increased comfort, solid and padded armrests, and a cup holder. The camping chair weighs 11.9 pounds and can easily fold and fit inside your carrying bag. You can carry it to the campsite using its comfortable double straps.
The frame is made from steel, coated with black powder, and the seat is made from durable polyester. The materials used to create the camping chair will protect it from outdoor elements and wear and tear. You can select from four different colors, black and gray, camouflage, lime and gray, and navy and gray. You also receive a one-year warranty with it.
- Lumbar support
- Ergonomic design
- Black powder-coated steel frame
- Comes with a backpack style carrying case
- Good for tall people
- Not the best option for short people
- Some users said that chair didn’t last long
4. AmazonBasics Outdoor Zero Gravity Camping Chair
The AmazonBasics Outdoor Zero Gravity Camping Chairhas a padded headrest and contoured armrests to provide people with a relaxing and comfortable experience when sitting on it for a long time. Made from a powder-coated steel frame, the strong and durable camping chair features a double bungee support system that attaches to the frame to the weather-resistant material.
You shouldn’t leave the camping chair outdoors in the sun for several hours because the elastic in the bungee supports can become damaged. Even though all the chair frames are black, you can select the fabric color. Choose from a black, blue, beige, or burgundy fabric. The camping chair weighs 16.5 pounds and is easy to carry and adjust.
- Powder-coated steel frame
- Padded headrest
- Contoured armrests
- Zero-gravity construction
- Weather-resistant material
- Comes in four different colors
- Not a good option for hiking or backpacking
- Some users experienced trouble with the reclining positions
5. KingCamp Camping Chair
The KingCamp Camping Chair has a large seat area with a lumbar support system to prevent back pain. It features a durable and sturdy steel tube frame with a card slot metal on metal contact construction. The camping chair evenly distributes the user’s weight and can support up to 350 pounds.
Its seat is made from durable waterproof Oxford material. Other impressive additions to the camping chair is the mesh cup holder and a small cooler bag. If you want a chair that offers several storage options, this chair has a mesh stash pocket and a zippered head pouch.
Weighing 11.3 pounds, you can easily fold and transport the camping chair. You can even carry it long distances over your shoulder without tiring.
- Mesh cupholder and cooler bag
- Lumbar support system
- Mesh stash pocket and zippered head pouch
- Free replacement for quality issues
- Seat may be a little too high for some users
- Some users said that the frame failed to hold together
Our Final Thoughts
If you suffer from back pain and you love the outdoors but are unable to enjoy your favorite hobby, you need to get yourself the best camping chair for bad back. You shouldn’t have to sit out while others enjoy going camping.
You no longer have to sit at home alone while your friends and family go camping. You can buy a camping chair made for people with a bad back. We’ve have given you several options to choose from as well. Get a camping chair for bad back and go camping.